Do you think you have what it takes to join DutchReview? Because we’re looking for interns!
First off, let’s get some important questions straight out of the way:
Straight away! Or at the start of a semester. We’re looking for someone for 4 days per week, of which 3 days at our DutchReview office. For a minimum of at least 12 weeks, but longer would be better!
Throughout the whole country of course, we’re reviewing the Dutch! However, our physical office is right in front of Leiden‘s Central Station in an old vintage school building.
What will I be doing?
As an editorial intern you will write articles on a daily basis for the website: this can vary from covering the latest hotspots in Amsterdam or Rotterdam, a cultural analysis about cheese or covering Dutch current events. Please let us know which one of those you can do the best when writing us! You will also be helping out with our massive social media presence.
What will you be doing for me DutchReview?
We’ll be helping you in the process to become a true bi-lingual content creator hero! We’ll take you along on the awesome journey of just a weird idea to a successful article. Teach you all you need to know about online publishing, SEO and pulling off actually funny Dutch-English jokes. After this period you will be a full black-belt master with Google, Facebook and WordPress. Oh and the best bit? We’re also paying you for all of it!
Do you have the following qualifications?
– You’re absolutely positively great and flawless in English
– It would really help if you know your way around with Dutch. Fluent in Dutch is a big plus.
– You know what a CMS is and might have even heard of WordPress
– You follow a relevant HBO or WO study (for example in the field of communication, media or journalism)
– You like writing (obviously)
– You are creative and full of ideas – we mean it when we say we really like independent thinkers
– You either know absurdly much about Dutch current events or social and event writing (or you can do everything! Yeah that would be nice)
– You can work independently and deal with deadlines
– You are a social media addict and familiar with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Youtube
– You have your own laptop to work on
Do I get paid?
It is a paid employment internship. The fee is € 200, – per month. There’s also free events, hotspots and free cheese to review every now and then!
You got me, how do I apply?
Send your resumé and a motivation in true DutchReview style (English, witty, not-so-formal and possibly with links to your portfolio) to abuzer_at_dutchreview.com as quickly as possible!