It’s going to be a wet weekend for the Netherlands this week!

Actual rain, what?

As the end of August draws in and summer is coming to an end, we’re about to see some traditional Dutch weather for the first time in a while. For some of this weekend, it’s going to get pretty wet, so it looks like the beach days are firmly over.

The feeling of summer coming to an end when you’re a beach babe

 

Friday

Friday is a wet day, with a thunderstorm expected for some of the country. There will be outbreaks of sun and cloud, but the sun will only be out for 40% of the day, so we can only guess that the other 60% it will probably be raining (urgh). It’s not even that warm either – temperatures will only reach 17 degrees Celcius.

Saturday

Saturday is also going to be a rainy day, with outbreaks of sun and cloud. The sun will only be out for 50% of the time and temperatures will be as low as 16 degrees Celcius (jeez, not used to that!)

Source: Weerplaza

Sunday

Sunday will thankfully be a drier day, with only a small chance of maybe a shower. The sun will make an appearance a little more, at 60% and temperatures will reach 18 degrees Celcius. So overall, this is definitely the best day to venture outside – even so, it’s not the sorts of temperatures that we have been used to.

Are you a fan of this weather? Let us know in the comments! While you’re here, have you joined our DutchReview Facebook group? No? Well, why not! 

 

Avatar
Emma Brown
A familiar face at DutchRevew. Emma arrived in Holland in 2016 for a few weeks, fell in love with the place and never left. Here she rekindled her love of writing and travelling. Now you'll find her eating stroopwafels in the DutchReview office since 2017.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Related posts

Latest posts

Pitter-patter of not so little steps: baby elephant is born in Rotterdam zoo

When you think of springtime baby animals, you may think of fluffy little chicks, or baby goats wobbling through their first few steps. The...

Weekly update: infections drop but no new relaxations expected

The RIVM has released its weekly coronavirus figures for the period of April 27 to May 4. The number of infections has dropped compared to the...

Hello sunshine, goodbye coronavirus: Dutch virologist expects drop in infections

After a cold and rainy April, we can finally look forward to well-deserved sunshine and temperatures above 20 degrees. Spring weather is officially coming...
X