🚀 New feature alert! Find the best businesses for internationals on DutchReview's Business Directory
Dutch Language Schools
🏆 Our top pick Dutch Language Schools
More top Dutch Language Schools
How to choose a Dutch school
Okay, you’re convinced and ready to shout from the rooftops, “Ik zal Nederlands leren!” (I will learn Dutch!).
But first, you’ll need a Dutch school. Here’s how to find one:
- 👪 Class sizes: Choose a school that offers small classes. You need enough people that you’re not speaking with the same person all the time, but not so many that you can’t get a word in.
- 📍 Location: It’s great if you can find a Dutch school in your city for in-person classes, but to make it easier, an online class is great. Plus, you can go in your pyjamas, and no one knows!
- 📅 Availability: Want to learn Dutch, but the school only offers lessons on Wednesdays at 11:00 AM? Find a school that has a variety of days and times on offer.
- 🧑🏫 Approach: There are different methods to learning Dutch, but a good Dutch school balances speaking, reading, writing, and listening skills.
- 🎓 Instructors: Are the teachers qualified to teach Dutch? Or are they Dutch speakers just trying their best? A qualified instructor knows how to explain difficult grammar concepts and makes a big difference.
- 💰 Cost: Some Dutch courses charge thousands of euros: that’s too much! You can find a good Dutch course with around 12-14 group lessons for less than €800.