A pillow fight!?
Rotterdam is definitely not the first, and they won’t be the last to participate in the weird and wonderful. But who cares, because there’s gonna be a giant pillow fight in the street in Rotterdam! Regardless, it’s not an everyday occurrence and I definitely would travel just to participate in this.
On Saturday 7th April (this Saturday), Rotterdam will participate in International Pillow Fight Day. Due to the Marathon, this is going to be moved to a week later. It’s completely free and you don’t need to register!
Remember to use the pillow and not your hand or your fiets okay? 😉
So when is this pillow fight then?
When and where
Date – Saturday 14th April
Time – 3pm (make sure you get there earlier, this is when it all kicks off!)
Location – Blaak, Rotterdam
Rules, rules, rules
I hate to be the one to ruin the fun stating the rules, but it’s worth noting them here before you go so no one gets hurt. The event organisers have stated:
- Don’t hit people too hard (don’t try and knock them out with a pillow OK?)
- Take off any glasses or anything that are going to be damaged in the pillow fight
- Only use soft pillows and pillows without feathers (or Rotterdam is gunna look like everyone has been savaging birds)
- Don’t hit anyone if you don’t have a pillow (kind of defeats the object of a pillow fight if you’re going to be punching a local in the face yanno…don’t do that. Ever. )
- Bring your own pillow – because the pillow lords aren’t going to be providing them
- Clean up after yourself!
No feathers you big kids!
Have fun guys and see you there…
Will you be going to Rotterdam’s pillow fight? Let us know and don’t forget to tag your friends in the comments!