How I picture myself those days:
What’s going on with this Fireworks Festival in Scheveningen?
Fired off from a pontoon at sea, the sky above Scheveningen will be lit by a fairly-like spectacle every evening, it’s Summertime (well, the calendar says so) so everybody can enjoy themselves on the beach, boulevard or de Pier the whole day and then gaze at the show. The event can attract up to a 100,000 visitors (per day!), so do come on time if you don’t want to miss anything from the fireworks shows.
Fireworks Festival: Programme 2017
Every night, two different countries compete and produce a show of about fifteen minutes.
- Friday 11 August 21:45 – The Netherlands
- Friday 11 August 22:30 – Poland
- Saturday 12 August 21:45 – China
- Saturday 12 August 22:30 – France
- Friday 18 August 21:45 – Japan
- Friday 18 August 22:30 – Belgium
- Saturday 19 August 21:45 – Portugal
- Saturday 19 August 22:30 – Spain (winner 2016)
The fireworks festival will be cancelled in the event of typical Dutch weather such as strong winds or rain. So pray to the Dutch weather gods for a few dry days of Dutch Summer!
More information is to be found here.