5 Places You Must Visit in the Netherlands
Europe is full of beautiful countries that can be your next vacation destination. Every country has something special that makes it unique, which is something you should take into consideration when you plan your trip. Today we are going to review the best places to visit in the Netherlands – one of Europe’s gems.
The scenery in the country is diverse: you have the ocean on one side, canals, and beautiful bicycle trails on the other. You also have the iconic trademarks that you simply must see while you’re there, including the famous windmills, tulip fields, wooden shoes, delicious cheese, and so much more!
So before you start planning your trip, read on and find out which places you should see and what things to do in the Netherlands.
Although Netherlands (or Holland) is quite small compared to other countries, there is so much to see and experience in it. We gathered 5 locations that you should consider adding to your schedule if you want to have an exciting adventure in Holland.
- Amsterdam – As the capital city of Holland, Amsterdam attracts a lot of tourists, and there’s a good reason for that. You can roam the city and enjoy the architecture, take a cruise down the famous canal, and visit any of the renowned art museums that are located all around the city. If you want to feel like a local and skip the touristy activities, you can explore the city by bike, spend some time at the popular coffee shops, and go out at night to one of the various clubs! You can also participate in different sports events that take place in this big city, like the Spartan Race, which brings people together in a different way.
- Rotterdam – This city is the second biggest in all of Holland, but it has no trace of the old architecture style you can see in other cities around the country. The city is modern and more liberal in nature, and it all started after most of the city’s buildings were wiped out during WW2. This upbeat place is the home of more than 160 different nationalities since many students choose to live in Rotterdam. If you are all about trying different foods and socializing with people your age, this city is ideal for you.
- The windmills of Kinderdijk – As one of the most iconic sceneries in all of Holland, Kinderdijk should be among the first places you visit if you’re in Holland. Nineteen beautiful windmills were built back in the 18th century, and they served to keep the lower lands from being flooded. Those windmills allow you a glimpse into Hollands’ rich history, which is combined with a beautiful view and many other attractions you might find interesting in the vacancy.
- Keukenhof – Also known as the Garden of Europe, Keukenhof is one of the largest flower gardens in the entire world. Located in Lisse, this garden features more than 7 million flower bulbs, showcased in a truly mesmerizing fashion. It should be noted that the garden is only open for a few weeks each year, which means the garden will probably be packed if you manage to get in, but the experience is totally worth it.
- Alkmaar City – Located about 40km from Amsterdam, this city is all about food, shopping, and the small-town vibe. You can experience some of the city’s history by visiting the only windmill left standing, the market square houses the cheese market every Friday morning, and not far from there you can find the National Beer Museum. To make your day trip even better, you can always stop at one of the beautiful cafes that can be found all around the city.
There is a lot more to see in the Netherlands, but if you visit those 5 locations, your experience will be complete.
More than a Simple Vacation
Walking around cities and enjoying the view is great, but if you want to upgrade your trip – you can always visit one of the land-based casinos in Holland, and surround yourself with grandeur and bling.
If you want the fun to start before you even cross the border, you can gamble at one of the online slots casinos in your region. Those casinos may not be able to mimic the exact ambiance the land-based establishments possess, but it can certainly provide you with a chance to unwind and play some fun games at the end of a long day. For example, you have the Spartan Casino, which can grant you access to all the best games and promotions there are nowadays!
If you plan on having a vacation and you’re looking for a place that combines modern attractions with some history, Holland is the perfect place for you!